Wash & Style Your Wig
Correct removal and cleaning of your tribute artist wig is crucial to ensure the longevity of the wig and to help maintain the vibrant look and feel you have come to expect from our products. To help you we have created a number of videos and accompanying step by step instructions.
I’ve removed my wig and the adhesive has become tacky in the lace.
- Spray C-22 into the tacky lace, then add some shampoo to the affected area. and gently message in.
- Leave for a minute. Using a comb, gently separate the hair in the tacky area. The shampoo and C-22 will help to free it from any glue residue.
How do I remove the lace area of my wig without damaging it?
- Tape/Adhesive should be released from the hair side of the lace with C-22.
- Spray it through the lace and wait for the adhesive/tape to release before lifting the lace area away from your skin or hair. When done right the tape will be adhered to the skin or hair and the lace should be clear of most of the residue.
- The tape/glue remover prevents the new tape or glue to stick to the wig?
- Wash and clean off the all C-22 residue that has been used. The best products to release the oils after removal are Lace Release and alcohol. When you have done this neutralise the alcohol with warm water or shampoo
How do I wash and condition the hair?
- Brush thru the hair to insure no tangles are present
- Put a small amount of shampoo in your hands and rub your hands together
- Run your shampoo filled hands in one direction over you hair
- Brush the shampoo thru the hair
- Rinse until all shampoo is out of your hair
- Put a small amount of conditioner in your hands and rub your hands together
- Run your conditioner filled hands in one direction over you hair
- Brush the conditioner thru the hair all over
- Now wash your body to give the conditioner a few minutes to soften your hair
- Rinse out the conditioner fully
- Towel dry the extra water form the hair, do not rub
- Style your hair .
How do I properly maintain the Tribute/ELVIS “MOVIE HAIRTM
- Spray “Lace release” solvent directly on the base (through the hair) tap the solution into the lace so it contacts the adhesive thoroughly.
- Wait one minute or more and then gently start to lift the template area on each side of the wig. Undo clip at the back and remove wig. Turn wig inside out (hair side in).
- Apply C-22 solvent and liquid dish soap for sensitive skin on the lace area (where the adhesive was) Wait 5 minutes. Using a cloth, gently wipe and system clean. Apply additional C-22 and soap if necessary. This step will eliminate any residue that maybe left behind.
- Do not shampoo the hair with the dish soap (this will dry the hair out). Dish soap is used to clean the adhesive residue from base and scalp only.
- Rinse off the C-22 and soap. Now shampoo and condition the hair.
- Rinse clean and pat dry with a towel. No rubbing. You are now ready to style on the mannequin head or store once dried.
- Using a flesh coloured pencil or the teeth of your comb (preferred) mark out the temple area, then apply some antiperspirant (allow to dry for a minute).
- Clip/ pin the hair lace up (to move system out of your way).
- Apply 2 – 4 thin coats of adhesive behind the adding the next layer as soon as the last one turns clear. Once the last layer is applied wait 10-12 minutes before pressing the system in place using the wide tooth side of a comb.
- Allow 5-15 minutes for adhesive to bond to lace before you style the hair.
- If using tape (recommended) follow step one and two. Once the hair is pinned up attach tape to the lifted temple area that has been pinned back. Press the tape in place remove tape backing and press against skin.
- You are now ready to style the wig on your head or head on stage.
TAKE YOUR TIME. THE REMOVAL AND CLEANING OF YOUR WIG SHOULD NOT BE RUSHED. CARE AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL WILL HELP THE LONGEVITY OF YOUR WIG.
You can’t stick adhesive to Adhesive Remover, the hair system should be clear of all residues and also be dry
We highly recommend using a Leave in Conditioner prior to styling.”